News reports on TV confirmed yesterday of unscrupulous relief centers and con-artists popping out – what is that about?! To these F_CK__G A-HOLES, if you dont have the decency to help your countrymen – then just hole up and die somewhere. Don’t F_CK up people trying to do the right thing! People have gone through enough already – don’t rob them of their faith as well.
Here’s another repost.A list of verified in-kind drop off points for Ondoy victims relief operations. Includes what they need and who to contact.
For updates keep checking gmanewstv.com
Update: List of verified relief centers for ‘Ondoy’ victims
Go to: College of Arts and Letters (CAL)
University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City
Hotline: 09296454102 (Prof. Roselle Pineda)
Look for: Guard on Duty (in UP CAL)
Operations: 24 hours until Wednesday tentatively
- Donate medicines, clothes, blankets, food to be distributed by Citizens’ Disaster Response Center.
Go to: Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City
(Call or text contact number for complete address) Contact #: 09174741930
Look for: Erica Paredes
Operations: Throughout the week tentatively, from 10 am to 6 pm
- Donate ready-to-eat foods like hard-boiled egg, bread, packed juice, sandwich filling
- Volunteer to prepare sandwiches and distribute goods
NoyMar Relief Operations – QC
Go to: Balay Expo Center, Farmers Market, Cubao or in White Space, Pasong Tamo Ext., Near BMW, Makati
Look for: Clare Amador or Jana Vicente
Hotlines: 09285205508, 09285205499, 0908-6579998, 0939-3633436, 9137122
Operations: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. throughout the week until further notice.
- Donate drinking water, old medicines, clothing, blankets, canned goods, noodles
- Volunteer to man stations and repack food.
Miriam Quiambao and World Vision Development Foundation
Go to: One Orchard Road Building in Eastwood or at the World Vision office at 389 Quezon Avenue, corner West 6th St., Quezon City
Look for: The guard in the lobby (on One Orchard Road)
Website: http://www.twitter.com/miriamq, www.worldvision.org.ph
Operations: Until Sept. 28, 2009 (Monday), 24-hour operation
- Donate goods like clothes, blankets, canned goods, crackers, mattress, hygiene kits, noodles, bottled water, oatmeal, instant coffee, sugar (for relief pack to be distributed by World Vision)
- Volunteer to help repack relief goods for World Vision starting today at 7pm
- Deposit cash donations to World Vision Development Foundation, BPI savings account number 4251002415 and BDO savings account number 270043411
Go to: Philippine Army Gym inside Fort Bonifacio, Makati or General Head Quarter’s Gym in Camp Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo, EDSA, Quezon City
Hotline: 892-3417 (direct line), 845-9555 (trunkline) local. 6464 and 6466
Look for: Any personnel on duty
Operations: Ongoing everyday for 24 hours until further notice
- Donate relief goods (no cash)
- Call hotline for rescue, evacuation or relief assistance.
- Call to report missing persons
Papemelroti Gifts and Decorative Accessories
Go to: 91 Roces Ave., Corner Scout Tobias, Quezon City or mall branches in Ali Mall Cubao, SM City North EDSA, SM Fairview, SM Megamall, Glorietta 3 in Makati, SM Centerpoint, SM Southmall
Hotline: refer to website for individual branch numbers
Operations: Mall hours (10am-9pm), ongoing everyday until further notice
- Donate goods like canned goods, clothings, blanket, cooking utensils and other relief goods EXCEPT cash.
Ateneo de Manila University Disaster Response Group
Go to: Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights , Quezon City, Manuel V. Pangilinan Building Center for Student Leadership Lobby, University Dorm Cervini Hall
Hotlines: 09089977166, 09178952792, 4266001 local 5050
Look for: Gio Tiongson, President, Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral
Operations: 24-hour operations for the entire week
- Donate goods like bottled water, sardines, canned goods, candles, cup noodles.
- Volunteer to help repack relief goods, administer basic first aid.
- Report missing persons.
- Seek evacuation/temporary shelter at University Dorm Cervini Hall.
Citizens Disaster Response Center (CDRC)
Go To: 72-A Times St., West Triangle Homes, Quezon City.
Hotlines: 9299820, 9299822
Operations: 8 a.m. onwards.
- Donate money, old clothes, blanket, bigas, munggo.
- Volunteer to help distribute goods.Radio Veritas
Go To: Veritas Tower , West Ave. corner EDSA
Look For: Karla Turingan
Hotlines: 9257931 to 39, 0918VERITAS
Operations: 24-hours, tentatively until Tuesday.
- Donate old clothes, food, assorted goods, bottled water, cash.
Our Lady of Pentecost Parish
Go to: 12 F. dela Rosa cor. C. Salvador Streets, Loyola Heights , Quezon City
Hotlines: 632 4342397, 63 2 9290665
Operations: 7 a.m. till 10 p.m. Sunday, until further notice.
- Donate packed meals, bottled water.
Go to: Victory Fellowship, Every Nation Building , across Market-Market, Fort Bonifacio
Look for: Pastor Bernard Marquez
Hotlines: 813-FORT, 8171212
Operations: Tentatively until 5pm, may may extend hours. Entire week until Friday.
- Donate canned goods, milk, bottled water, clothes, cash.
- Volunteer to help pack relief goods
Sacred Heart of Jesus Chaplaincy
Go to: Hillsborough Village, Cupang, Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila
Hotline: 8428148, 8079847
Look for: Genelyn Sembrano, Meanne Cuneta
Operations: Tuesday-Sunday (Sept. 29-Oct 4). 8 am to 12 noon, 2 to 6 pm
- Donate water, blankets, shoes, clothes and other goods
- Donate in cash
Go to: Renaissance Fitness Center, 2nd Floor, Bramante Building, Renaissance Towers, Ortigas, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Look for: Warren Habaluyas, co-founder
Operations: Monday to Saturday (Sept. 28-Oct. 3), 9am-7pm
- Donate non-perishable food items, beddings, pillows, blankets, clothes
- You can donate cash but it is not encouraged
– Compiled by Annalyn Ardoña and Patricia Faustino, GMA NEWS AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Update: some more info from google-ondoy page