Google joins the Filipino nation in helping those affected by Typhoon Ondoy!
I am reposting the info here if you have time please check the actual google page.
Help for Typhoon Ondoy Victims in the Philippines
On September 26, 2009, Typhoon Ondoy brought a month’s worth of rainfall to Metro Manila and nearby areas in just a few hours, causing severe flooding which resulted in the loss of many lives and the displacement of hundreds of thousands of people. This site compiles relevant information about the disaster, including a volunteer-maintained map of persons needing rescue and a list of relief organizations accepting donations, so that more help can be provided where it is needed. You can also keep track of the latest news on Google News and YouTube.
Know someone who needs help?
A group of volunteer map makers have been maintaining the map below, which documents flood updates and persons needing rescue. If you know someone who needs help urgently or if you would like to report the status of the flood in your area, pleasecomplete this form. The information will be sent to the group’s main database for posting on the map.
View Ondoy situation map for Metro Manila in a larger map
Disclaimer: This map was initiated by a group of volunteers not directly connected with Google. We cannot guarantee 100% accuracy of all placemarks. If you are familiar with Google Maps and would like to help the group’s volunteer efforts, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
News and Updates
- Google News
- GMA News (Relief Map)
- Official Government Site
- Local media websites
- Rescue Operations
- National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC) (+632-9125668, +632-9111406, +632-9115061, +632-9122665) Help hotlines: (+65 734-2118, 734-2120)
- Philippine Coast Guard (+632-5276136)
- Air Force (+63908-1126976, +632-8535023)
- Metro Manila Development Authority (136)
- Marikina City Rescue (+632-6462436, +632-6462423, +632920-9072902)
- Pasig Rescue Emergency Number (+632-6310099)
- Quezon City Rescue (161)
- San Juan City Hall Command Post (+632-4681697)
- Bureau of Fire Protection Region III (Central Luzon) Hotline: (+63245-9634376)
- Senator Dick Gordon (+639178997898, +63938-444BOYS, +632-9342118, +632-4338528)
- Senator Manny Villar (+639174226800. +639172414864, +639276751981)
- Civil Society/ Media
- Philippine National Red Cross (143, +632-5270000)
- Philippine National Red Cross Rizal Chapter operations center hotline: (+632-6350922, +632-6347824)
- Go to GMA Facebook page & post complete addresses and names of people in need of immediate help.
- ABS-CBN Typhoon Ondoy Hotline: (+632-4163641)
- Jam 88.3: (+632- 6318803) or SMS at JAM (space) 883 (space) your message to 2968
- Rubber Boat Requests, 4×4 Trucks
- NCRPO (+632-8383203, +632-8383354)
- Private citizens who would like to lend their motor boats for rescue
please call emergency nos: +632-9125668, +632-9111406, +632-9122665, +632-9115061)
- You can also text (+632917-4226800 or +632927-6751981) for rescue dump trucks.
- For those who are able to lend 4×4 trucks for rescue: Please send truck to Greenhills Shoppng Center Unimart Grocery to await deployment, Tel No. (+632920-9072902).
Online and In-Kind Donations
Below you’ll find a list of groups in the Phillippines that are accepting cash and in-kind donations to help with disaster relief efforts:
1. Bank Donations Actual table here
2. Credit Card/PayPal Donations
3. SMS Donations
|Procedure||Smart Money||Globe GCash|
- Victory Fort is opening its doors to those affected by the typhoon. Call 813-FORT.
- NoyMar relief Operations: Clare Amador (+639285205508) or Jana Vicente at +639285205499). Drop off for relief donations is at Balay Expo Center across Farmers Market Cubao.
- Miriam Quiambao drop off points: One Orchard Road Building in Eastwood, or message http://www.twitter.com/miriamqfor more details.
- Philippine Army Gym inside Fort Bonifacio or GHQ Gym in Camp Aguinaldo are now distributing donations for Ondoy Victims.
- Team Manila stores in Trinoma, Mall of Asia, Jupiter Bel-Air and Rockwell shall be accepting relief goods (Canned Goods, Ready-to-drink Milk,Bottled Water and Clothes) for distribution by Veritas.
- Caritas Manila Office at Jesus St., Pandacan Manila near Nagtahan Bridge (+632-5639298, +632-5639308)
- Radio Veritas at Veritas Tower West Ave. Cor EDSA (+632-9257931-40)
- Aranaz Stores in Rockwell & Greenbelt is accepting donations of any kind for Payatas communities affected by Ondoy
- Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan Task Force Noah, a disaster response arm of the Jesuits, is accepting donations. Please drop it off sa Ateneo Cervini Dorm.
- Philippine National Red Cross‘ different ways to Donate.
- Red Cross Load Donations: Right now the easiest way to make donations from the seat of your chair is via mobile phone load. The Red Cross Rescue and Relief Operations. Text: RED
AMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart)
- Ateneo de Manila University is now accepting donations for the victims of Ondoy. Donations can be dropped at MVP Lobby. For those stranded/those who need help: To all students who need help or know of people who need help. Please text the name, location, and contact number to (+6329088877166). ATENEO, which is now an open shelter, accepts refugees. Call (+632917-8952792)
- Papemelroti stores in 91 Roces Ave. / Ali Mall Cubao / SM City North EDSA / SM Fairview / SM Megamall / Glorietta 3 in Makati / SM Centerpoint / SM Southmall are accepting relief goods (canned goods / milk / bottled water / clothes – NO CASH pls.)
- TXTPower now accepts donations via SmartMoney 5577514418667103, GCash 09179751092 and Paypalhttp://is.gd/3GvuN
- Our Lady of Pentecost Parish (+632-4342397, +632-9290665) per Gabe Mercado, donations are very much welcome. The Parish is located at 12 F. Dela Rosa corner C. Salvador Sts., Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
- Hillsborough Village Chapel – Water, blankets, shoes, and clothes may be sent to Hillsborough Village Chapel in Muntinlupa City. These will go to families whose houses were washed out in the nearby sitios.
- Greenhills/Mandaluyong/San Juan Area, if you want to help out with the rescue and relief operations, you can drop off your donations (clothes, food, etc..) at La Salle Greenhills Gate 2 tomorrow or volunteer from 9am to receive, sort, repack the donations.
- Petron: You may bring your relief goods to all Petron branches.
- LUCA stores (Rockwell, Shang-rila, Eastwood, or GA towers): Send your old clothes & donations (no cash pls).
- “LUZON RELIEF: Volunteer / Donate / Pray”: Donations can be brought to RENAISSANCE FITNESS CENTER, 2nd Floor, Bramante Building, Renaissance Towers Ortigas, MeralcoAvenue, Pasig City starting MONDAY (Sept.28) / 9am – 7pm Contact Person: Warren Habaluyas (+632929-8713488) or email at email@example.com
- MOONSHINE boutique in Rockwell also accepting relief good to help Ondoy victims in Marikina and Cainta.
- Katipunan Avenue. Contact Erica Paredes at (+632917-4741930) — they need bread, packed juice, sandwich filling (tuna, chicken, anything) You can help her make them, deliver the sandwiches to her house, or help her distribute! Call for more details.
- Manor Superclub, Eastwood City will accept goods and other emergency items starting Sunday at 10 am.
- Citizens Disaster Response Center (CDRC): Relief goods for typhoon victims being accepted at 72-A Times St., West Triangle, QC. Tel (+632-9299820/22)
- MINISTOP IBARRA (Espana cor. Blumentritt, Sampaloc Manila) is also accepting relief goods, Food (non-perishable goods only) Clothing, Medicines, Beds, Pillows, Blankets, Emergency Supplies to help Typhoon Ondoy victims.